Step 5: Motivate your Child to Talk Using Time Delay
Steven talks about, and demonstrates a method for dramatically increasing your child's motivation to speak. Time delay methods have been shown to increase the likelihood that your child will try to say key words.
- Getting Your Child with Autism to Talk
- Step 1: Identify Key Words
- Step 2: Restricting Access to Increase Communication
- Step 3: Exaggerated Emphasis
- Step 4: "Pairing" words with What They Represent
- Step 5: Motivate your child to talk using time delay