Getting Your Child with Autism to Talk
Steven Wertz describes five things you can do now to get your child with autism talking. These videos are designed for parents of children with autism who are not yet verbal, or who are minimally verbal. Steven explains how to identify and assign key words, teach your child those key words, and increase your child's motivation to talk.
- Getting Your Child with Autism to Talk
- Step 1: Identify Key Words
- Step 2: Restricting Access to Increase Communication
- Step 3: Exaggerated Emphasis
- Step 4: "Pairing" words with What They Represent
- Step 5: Motivate your child to talk using time delay