Step 4: "Pairing" Words with What They Represent
Steven talks about how it is not enough that there is a key word, and that that word is emphasized. The word must also be dramatically "paired" with what it represents. Pairing assures that the meanings of key words are understood.
- Getting Your Child with Autism to Talk
- Step 1: Identify Key Words
- Step 2: Restricting Access to Increase Communication
- Step 3: Exaggerated Emphasis
- Step 4: "Pairing" words with What They Represent
- Step 5: Motivate your child to talk using time delay